If you are following along with my blog post tutorials and feel you would prefer help to make the changes, I offer the following services. I will walk you through how I am making the changes and explain why or why not to make the requested changes.
I have 15+ years experience in IT, in that time I have been building websites off and on, my first website was built on Ubuntu Linux from html code just to share photos and videos of our family with distant friends and family. I have been working in IT support for Windows 7, 8 and 10, Windows Server 2003 through 2016.
In the last few years I’ve been working with WordPress. I have come to love WordPress and I would love to help you with your WordPress websites.
We accept payments by Paypal.
See open booking times here. Please note, booking times will be approved after payment is received.
Remote Screenshare Support
Fixes or Issues:
- Remove Post Dates from your urls with one htaccess redirect
- Secure your website with SSL, change to https, and add the proper redirect
- Setup a child theme/help with customizing your theme
- Setup a dev or test site for testing changes
- Have you installed a plugin or made a change and cannot access your site now – I will help you get back in
- Install & Set up Security, Firewall, Malware Scanner
- Wrong image appearing or none at all when sharing on Pinterest, Facebook, other social media
- Help with Hiding Images from being shared on Pinterest
- Help with adjusting the CSS Styling on your Blog Posts – center or move images, add a colored border around links
- Find and fix Analytics code installed twice
- Analytics not working
- much more
Note: you may need to purchase a certificate if your host doesn’t offer this for free
Note: This will depend if your hosting package allows multiple sites/sub domains, the host may charge extra for this.
Site Speed Audit
Do you find your website is taking a long time to load? We can look over the setup and installed plugins together and I will make recommendations of changes that can help to reduce page loading time. Will test speeds before and after on webpagetest.org, gtmetrix.com, https://dareboost.com and google page speed insights. note: Google page speed insights is just a simulation but still gives useful information.
- Optimize and Compress Images
- Switch full size hidden Pinterest images to transparent small image that will use the Data-Pin-Media to load the full size image.
- Check plugins and suggest lightweight alternatives
- Add Caching plugin
Site speed is greatly affected by your host speed. If you choose to move to a faster host, most hosting services do offer to migrate your site over for you. This may be a free or paid service by the new host.
Currently we are sticking with Bluehost as they have unlimited storage and visitors, but their shared hosting is not the fastest. We chose to remove and cutback several plugins and features to speed up our websites.
Setup your WordPress website
Are you thinking about starting a blog and need help getting setup?
I will help you get WordPress installed, install the initial plugins for security and site speed (Caching/minify/image optimization), setup social sharing, setup the post urls, install the certificate for secure https (this may need to be purchased if not provided free by your host).
If you have your theme picked out, help you setup a child theme in case you want to add customizations later.
- Show you how to use the theme customizer to initially setup your theme.
- Show you where to add new blog posts
- Setup your pages (these are usually added to the menu)
- Setup your menu
- Help you get setup with Google Analytics
- Help you get setup with Google Search Console
Don’t forget to check out my Free Blogging Resources list, awesome Free courses from Top Bloggers to get you started on the right foot from the start.
Help setting up Mailerlite
Want help to setup your Email Subscriber automations? I’ll help you over a remote screen sharing session to setup mailerlite to start or continue to grow your subscriber list, configure different subscriber groups and automations for your optins.
One on one Tutorial/Lessons
- Gutenberg or the Classic Editor on adding html code to customize your posts. Example: add Pinterest code to images or set your affiliate link to nofollow, set links to open in a new window
Is there something you want to do on your blog, but not sure how? We can take a look together over a remote screen sharing session.
Once we are scheduled to remote connect, here is the link to join and I’ll provide you the meeting number:
Join Remote Session Now via ZOOM
See our FAQ here